International Seminar on Languages and Arts (ISLA)
Human beings are intelligent and noble creatures who have culture and civilization, as the result they are able to create their life to be better and better. Then, human civilization also creates norms that can be guidance for the society in order to gain dignity. In this case, people have to maintain and develop a kind of “software” of humanity to be able to behave in a good manner, and that software is popularly known as “character”. In order to build and develop a human being with a good character, it requires an education process. Besides, maintaining and developing a good human being can be conducted in various aspects of human life, such as, culture including, through languages, arts, and its learning activities.
A person who has good character is a noble creature, because he/she has “akhlak” (good ethics or moral). Therefore, building and developing character through languages, arts, and culture become part of a great job of “humanization process” in this modern era. Based on those reasons, the Faculty of Languages and Arts of Universitas Negeri Padang (FBS UNP) has a strong will and commited to run an The Third International Seminar on Language and Arts (ISLA-3) under the theme “Character Building through Language, Culture, Arts, and Their Learning”.
Character Building through Language, Culture, Arts, and Their Learning
1. Language, arts, and culture studies, and their relationship with character building
2. Language learning, arts, and culture for building character and scientific attitude
3. Language, arts, and culture in humanistic development and character;
4. Curriculum on Languages learning, arts, and culture in global challenge and character building
5. Policy on studies of Languages, arts, and culture and their learning.
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Borgwald (University of Siegen, Braunschweig, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Halim bin Husain (University of Sultan Idris, Malaysia)
- Prof. Madya Ampuan Dr. H. Brahim bin Ampuan Haji Tengah (University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam)
- Prof. Dr. Victor Ganap, M.Ed. (Institut Seni Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia )
- Prof. Dr. Simon Sabon Ola, M.Hum. (University of Nusa Cendana, Kupang, NTT, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Hermawati Syarif, M.Hum. (Universitas Negeri Padang, Padang, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Syahrul R., M.Pd. (Universitas Negeri Padang, Padang, Indonesia)
The committee invites lecturer, teacher, and researcher to be the speaker and present the paper in parallel session. The paper can be the result of research, innovative ideas. For further information about format of the paper and abstract click attachment.
- Now – 10 August 2014: Abstract Submission
- 20 August 2014: Announcement of Accepted Abstract
- 20 September 2014: Full paper submission
- 14 October 2014: Due date for participant registration
- 17-18 October 2014: Seminar